quarta-feira, 2 de maio de 2012

Music Critic: Anathema and Avishai Cohen

I saw two of the best concerts of my life in the past 5 days! Anathema in Frankfurt (for the 2nd time) and Avishai Cohen in Mainz (for the first time).

Anathema were introducing their new album (weather systems) and play a lot of new songs and some old classics.

Positive things:

1) The duration - over 2h15min
2) Lee (the female singer - guest) came along, making the setlist more diversified and the songs more complete
3) The crowd
4) The choice of the songs - we were asked to do so!
5) The increasing quality as musicians since the last time I saw them

and so on...

Here's a little taste of what happened:





And what about Avishai Cohen!? I am still speechless! I felt like I had never witnessed live music before! A quality behind the normal in this little world for such a big talent!

Positive things:

1) Diversified setlist
2) 4 encores!! 
3) The duration: over 2h05min - when it was meant to be an 80min show
4) The proximity with the band
5) The friendly atmosphere 
6) THE QUALITY! 

Only one bad thing: the smell of alcohol in the room, everybody had beer bottles... In an intimate jazz concert in a small venue.. maybe it's the way I am, but I consider that this only has space in places like summer festivals.

And here's a taste of it too (not footage from Mainz sadly though):




Sem comentários: